Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.

Notices

Share:
Dogs for adoption
Dogs Needing Homes
Dogs Needing Homes RSS feed

Old 16th November 2016   #1
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

SSC Vicky is on a distinguished road
Website Facebook Twitter
Default Bruno, 8yo, male, GSD x, Telford

Age - 8 yrs
Temperament Ė Not your normal staffy!
Dogs - Undergoing further testing
Cats - Under assessment
Children - 10 plus

Hello there, my name is Bruno, and Iím with Senior Staffy Club. The reason I joined this club is that I was living with my dad and my friends who are two staffies. When my dad got sick and couldnít look after us any more, for a while we had to live outside and the RSPCA asked Senior Staffy Club if they could help my friends, who are 14 and 15. Luckily for them, Senior Staffy Club said yes! But then they didnít want to leave me all alone with no one to look after me, so they said they would help me too, even though, as you have spotted, Iím so not a staffy!

Iím a big lad, a GSD cross breed they say, although I have a full GSD coat. Iím eight years old and neutered and I donít have any obvious health issues. I have grown up with older children in the home and have lived with my two staffy friends my whole life.

Iím not very happy in kennels and I donít much like the other dogs here, so Iím not sure if I could live with another dog now; maybe I could if it were the right dog, someone nice like my two staffy friends, but I donít like being surrounded by the other dogs and it has upset me a bit.

Up until two years ago when I had to move outdoors I also lived with two cats. I like to chase sheep though!

I like people a lot and donít mind them entering my home Ė when I have one - and also I donít mind going to the vets. Iím quite happy to be touched all over and groomed.

I do get a bit of travel sickness in the car, but I still love getting in as usually it means weíre going to the woods.

I was house trained once and was never destructive when left, but now Iíve lived outside for the last two years so Iím not sure if Iíve forgotten any of that.

My coat does moult quite a lot, but thatís because it has not been looked after while Iíve been outside. I could really do with grooming every day. Since I arrived at the kennels, my friends here have been doing that and my coat is coming back really nice.

I love to play all the time, especially fetching things. When I lived with my staffy friends, after we had had our tea I used to collect up our three bowls, like the three bears!

I have been known to steal other dogsí food Ė but only if they leave it! My friend Ruby never mindedÖ oh I did love Ruby!

Iím told Iím not very good on the lead because I zig-zag about Ė but then I havenít been bothered with much for a while, I expect with some help and guidance I could learn to walk nicely on the lead again.

Iím going to be staying in some kennels near Telford now, where Senior Staffy Club think I might have the best chance of finding my new home.

So if you want to meet me you can ring them on 01952541254 or you can ring Julia on 07976 799312 and she can tell you a bit more about me.

Lots of love
Bruno ... the honorary Senior Staffy!
xxxx

Bruno is neutered, and is vaccinated and microchipped.

He is in kennels in the Telford area, but can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, pending a successful home visit.
However any adopter should be willing to travel to meet him where he is now.

We do ask for an adoption donation of £90.
All the money goes directly back to helping other Seniors like Bruno.

If you think you could offer Bruno a new home please call:
Julia on 07976 799 312
or fill in the online Adoption Application Form

Old 23rd November 2016   #2
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

SSC Vicky is on a distinguished road
Website Facebook Twitter

RESERVED!!

*Interested in adopting a rescue animal listed here?

If you'd like to enquire about adopting any of the animals listed here please contact the rescues direct (a link to their website or other contact details should be in the listing) or feel free to register an account on the forum and post on the thread.

Please mention 'Rescue Helpers Unite' when contacting rescues. Thanks!