Please do not post on to RHU, without having made contact, or passing it on for someone else to deal with.
We have drawn up a list of information that would be helpful if you could get from the owner, although this is not exhaustive & we appreciate you may not be able to get all of the information.
- Talk to the owner to checked they are happy to let the animal pass to a rescue organisation.
- Temperament with children
- Temerpament with other dogs
- Hours used to being alone
- general behaviour
- Existing health problems?
- History of previous training for dogs (such as good citizen, etc)
- Current diet
- For cats being offered: are they used to going outside or not.
- If more than one animal is being offered could they be split up.
Once you have as much of this info as possible, please then add the thread into to 'Rescue Back Up Needed' section.
Posts where the owner has not been contacted, will be removed.
RHU will not support members buying any animals from these sites. No requests can be made on this forum for help to buy the animals.
RHU policy is that ALL animals MUST have rescue backup. If an advertiser is happy for their dog to go to rescue (at no cost) then a request for back up can be made.
Any members contradicting these rules will be given an infraction & may be removed as a member.