Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.

Notices

Looking for a rescue?

Search rescues by keyword:
RHU Rescues
RHU Rescues
ALL RESCUES REQUESTING HELP VIA RHU MUST ADD DETAILS OF THEIR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES HERE

Old 24th November 2009   #1
Buddy's mum
Rescue Staff

Buddy's mum is on a distinguished road
Default Animal Helpline Dog Rescue, Peterborough

Name Of Rescue: Animal Helpline Dog Rescue
Website of rescue: www.homes4dogs.co.uk
Where rescue is based: Wansford, near Peterborough, Cambs
Where rescue rehome to: Anywhere in the UK
Is Rescue breed specific? if so and if not please explain?: No – we take all breeds from the pounds mainly and also some private re-homes
Do you neuter all animals before leaving for forever homes where applicable? please explain either way: Yes. Occasionally neutering is carried out shortly after adoption so that recuperation can take place in a home environment – depends on time scales, age of dog etc
If applicable do you always vaccinate?: Yes
If applicable do you always worm/flea treat: Yes
If applicable do you microchip?: No
Do you provide insurance when rehoming to new owners?: Yes
Will you always take the animal back no matter what?if not please explain under what circumstances etc: Yes
Rough 'donation' guide per animal please also explain what this involves: 150 includes neutering, vaccinations, worm/flea treatment

--------------------
Additional reps:

blueribbonuk
jamreb12
Dogs in Mind (Lynn)

Last edited by Jod; 4th February 2013 at 17:39.
Old 24th November 2009   #2
redditchlady

Hi Marie, can I ask why you don't microchip please hun?

Edited to add is ther not somewhere or someone local to you that could do it at cost for you as a rescue? At least you know you can always keep track of the dog. I apologise if you have already looked into it.

Last edited by redditchlady; 24th November 2009 at 22:12. Reason: To add a bit
Old 30th November 2009   #3
Buddy's mum
Rescue Staff

Thanks for your message about microchipping. I am not sure why we don't microchip but I will ask Ros and then update this thread. One of our volunteers is trained to do microchipping and also does it for Doris Banham Rescue too. She did mention that she has some of 'Ros' microchips' so I will find out if this is done now as part of the rescue package or if there is a separate payment for the service.
Old 30th November 2009   #4
redditchlady

Thank you Marie, I wasn't having a go. It just seems that if you will take the dog back, without a chip it is difficult to keep track on where the dogs are. Thanks again for getting back to us
Old 30th November 2009   #5
Buddy's mum
Rescue Staff

No problem - I understand completely the advantages of microchipping.

I have managed to find out a bit of information. We used to microchip but the volunteer who does the microchipping does not live locally to the rescue so she was only able to visit about once a month. Animal Helpline mostly rescues pound dogs so we have dogs coming and going almost on a daily basis! The administration of the whole thing became a nightmare. It became difficult to keep track of which dogs had been microchipped and which dogs weren't and the new owners didn't get in touch with our volunteer to give her their details to register the dogs who had been microchipped. So we now offer an inexpensive microchipping service at regular intervals to people who have adopted their dogs from us.