Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.

Notices

Share:
RHU Social Feeds A feed of posts from RHU's Facebook Group and Twitter. Join us at facebook.com/groups/RescueHelpersUnite (Note: posts may be unmoderated) and on Twitter at @RHU_UK

Old 26th July 2015   #1
RHU Social Feeds
Hi, I'm the RHU 'bot', I'm an auto posting robot

RHU Social Feeds is on a distinguished road
Default Blitz sentenced to die under BSL "loving dog...loves affection" Court fee help needed

Quote:
Emily Laura Grant added 3 new photos.

This is blitz. At the beginning of February he got out my back garden and was handed into the police as he was a "pitbull type" dog after keeping him 5 months when they are only allowed to keep the dog 8 weeks max at a cost of 6.50 a day and a fee of 500.

We attended court yesterday in regards to bring him home to his family the courts decided after hearing kennel reports that " he is a beautiful loving dog who loves affection, comes to his name give paw and rolls over they are no concerns regarding "blitz" in fact he nearly licked me to death."

But even after hearing this the court have decided he will be "destroyed" with in the next mouth. We are devastated. I want everyone to share this status because they come to the decision because the police didn't do the right steps in regard to our case. They failed to attend my house and look at my garden and they failed to come and do an assessment of our house.

So because the police failed to do the correct steps so we could bring him home he will be dead in the next 4 weeks down to purely the failure of the police. so we are now trying to raise money for his legal fees so weather big or small if people could find it in there hearts to donate it would be appreciated. And please share this status to spread awareness for the BSL law what is taking innocent dogs destroying them simply because there face doesn't fit

http://www.gofundme.com/yh94s5g
The above is the link to the go fund me page for blitz xx

Read more >

Group wall post by Candice Dungey - 26th July 2015 10:59

Last edited by Jod; 26th July 2015 at 14:07.
Old 12th July 2017   #2
Unregistered

Default Blitz xx

Please keep fighting for Blitz, I am sure you have never been out of his mind or memory x
Old 19th August 2017   #3
julieh

RHU Cases: 3
julieh is on a distinguished road

I've only just seen this,Are funds still needed to help bring this baby home ? I'm disgusted at the courts decision , this could be any of our dogs and we need to help .
Old 20th August 2017   #4
Jod
RHU Team (admin)

RHU Cases: 8
Jod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to all
Website Facebook Twitter

It looks like Blitz's appeal is still ongoing and he's still in BSL prison, poor fella. Here's a link to the 'Help Save Blitz' group on Facebook and there's a post there that says all donations are now going through DDA Watch

Latest update from 18th July from DDA Watch's page:

Quote:
Edited to add:

DDA Watch Update for Blitz 11/8:
Positive News - The legal team has advised DDA Watch that they are to apply for permission to appeal to the court of appeal, civil division. Wheldon Law have prepared the bundles which are being lodged at the Royal Courts of Justice in London today (Friday 11/8).

There is a fee for lodging the application to appeal – it is 528.00 and if permission is granted a further 1199.00 is payable. DDA Watch has agreed to cover this cost and we will will need to raise these funds for Blitz's case.

Our huge thanks to the legal team: Wheldon Law, barrister Pamela Rose and Cathryn McGahey QC who have put considerable work and their time into this application to appeal pro bono – free of charge for Blitz.

DDA Watch Update for Blitz 26/7:
Wheldon Law have been informed today, that leave to appeal has been refused: The legal team are currently working on this to see where we can go from here.

#WeAreWithYou Blitz XX

DDA Watch update for Blitz: Positive news just in from the legal team.

We can now confirm that a notice of appeal will be lodged tomorrow (Wednesday 19th July) by Wheldon Law who have been instructed by Blitz's owner.
The destruction order for Blitz was upheld by the High Court in London last month; a tragic outcome after two years and five months held under breed specific legislation and a long drawn out legal battle to try and save him.

DDA Watch can also confirm that the police solicitors have informed Wheldon Law that Blitz has not been put to sleep, he is alive and held in kennels.

Our thanks to Wheldon Law and barrister Pamela Rose who have been working on the notice of appeal pro bono.

DDA Watch has agreed to provide the funding necessary as there is no legal aid available, if we are granted leave to appeal (the next step).

An incredible amount of work is going on behind the scenes with Blitz's case and there will be more news to follow.

Thank you to everyone for their ongoing support.

We are with you Blitz xx