Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.

Notices

Share:
Dogs for adoption
Dogs Needing Homes
Dogs Needing Homes RSS feed

Old 16th November 2016   #1
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

SSC Vicky is on a distinguished road
Website Facebook Twitter
Default Pixie, 8-10 years, female, SBT, Dunfermline, Fife

Age - 8-10 yrs
Temperament Excitable & VERY loving!
Dogs - Better as an only dog
Cats - I get a little too excited, sorry!
Children - 12+ and experience of bouncy dogs, due to my over excitable kisses and jumping!

My name is Precious Pixie and my friend Charlene says I really am very precious. She felt the need to say a few words about me because she cannot believe how loving and trusting I am considering my background. She says I make tears come to her eyes. Don't worry I kiss them away very fast though and have a little nibble of her nose and ears at the same time! Hahahaha.

I had a bad life you see. I was bred from and kept in a crate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I was only allowed out to the garden to go to the toilet. My old owner had lots and lots of other animals in the house too. I could see the other dogs and cats and spiders and other funny looking things, but was never allowed to interact with them so it was quite scary really. One day someone came and took us all away.

But Charlene says you wouldn't believe I was treated badly by humans because all I want to do is cuddle and kiss them! I really do love life now. I bounce around like a bunny hopping up the road. To be honest I'm as mad as a box of frogs but absolutely adorable with it.

I LOVE everyone. Even the vet. I am very well behaved at the vets and in the car. Well aside from the bouncing. That doesn't stop..ever....haha but everything is so new to me. I've never seen the grass and fields and heard all the noises of the birds and sheep so I find it all so exciting! My friends at SSC feel that I will definitely calm down once I get used to everything and have a loving owner to take me out every day and help me learn how to deal with all these new things.
I met some cats but I was a bit too overexcited with them so I think it's best not to live with them. I've been meeting some dogs at the kennels and I mostly ignore them. I walk nicely beside them. So it's possible I could live with a dog perhaps one day. But they would need to be very tolerant as I think I would be a bit much for most dogs and I'm not sure how my scary experiences in the past will make me react with dogs.

I walk a bit funny on lead at the moment, I sort of skip! But I am learning how to walk nicely. I want to please everyone, so I think I will learn things very fast with a loving owner to teach me. My walkers are building my fitness up as I was a bit over weight and unfit from not being walked and I am really enjoying it. I love being out and think that when my fitness is up to full scratch I will be able to go quite far.
I am so friendly I think I will love little humans, however when I get excited and give kisses I do nip a little. Ears and noses are my speciality. So I think sadly it's best that I only live with older children who have experience of cheeky dogs like me or just adult humans.

I really am a truly special girlie. An example of all that is good and forgiving about mans best friend. So if you have experience of excited dogs that need some patience and training. And if you love kisses and cuddles. I really could be the perfect dog for you.
Please call my friend Sally on 07964 561 138 and make both of our days.
Love and lots and lots of licks
Precious Pixie xxx

Lots and lots and lots of Licks
Precious Pixie xxx
Pixie is spayed, vaccinated and microchipped.
She is in foster in Dunfermline, Fife, but can be rehomed anywhere in the UK,
pending a successful home visit.
However any adopter should be willing to travel to meet her where she is now.

There is an adoption donation of 90 for Pixie
and all money donated goes directly to helping all the Senior Staffies in our care.

If you think you could offer Pixie a new home please
contact Sally on 07964 561 138 or fill out the Adoption Form.[url] www.seniorstaffyclub.co.uk [url]

Old 28th November 2016   #2
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

Website Facebook Twitter

Still available
Old 15th December 2016   #3
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

Website Facebook Twitter

Merry Christmas love Pixie xx
Old 23rd January 2017   #4
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

Website Facebook Twitter

Old 16th February 2017   #5
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

Website Facebook Twitter

Still waiting
Old 25th March 2017   #6
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

Website Facebook Twitter

Still waiting, Pixie is our longest resident now 😒
Old 11th April 2017   #7
SSC Vicky
Rescue Staff

Website Facebook Twitter

Still available

*Interested in adopting a rescue animal listed here?

If you'd like to enquire about adopting any of the animals listed here please contact the rescues direct (a link to their website or other contact details should be in the listing) or feel free to register an account on the forum and post on the thread.

Please mention 'Rescue Helpers Unite' when contacting rescues. Thanks!