Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.

Notices

Guest Area Are you viewing the forum as a guest? Having trouble logging in? Awaiting registration approval? Post here if you need help.
(*Note: posts in the Guest Area are moderated to avoid spam submissions so it may take a little while before they appear)

Old 29th July 2017   #1
Unregistered

Default St Helens home available for small quiet dog

Hi, my name is Gillian and I have recently lost my beautiful fur baby Dorothy, a Boston terrier. I have a dog named Benson, a Boston terrier who is 11 years old. I would like to adopt a very small dog, as a companion for myself, and Benson and my 88 year old Dad who lives with myself and my husband.
I live in Rainford, St. Helens, Merseyside and have a large enclosed garden which backs onto a lake and has a lot of wild life on it eg. geese, ducks, heron..... I am a devoted animal lover and love walking, gardening and crafting. I am at home all day and cook homemade food for my dog, chicken, beef, mackerel, liver etc. with vegetables, rice and pasta.
I am in no rush to have a dog, indeed am still heartbroken about losing Dorothy. However, if a small quiet dog becomes available for adoption, I feel confident that I could offer him a loving home where he will be spoilt and cared for like a little prince. Thank you for your time. My email address is gillykilgallon@icloud.co.uk and mobile no 077917434023.
Old 30th July 2017   #2
crystalgirl

RHU Cases: 3
crystalgirl is on a distinguished road

https://www.freshfields.org.uk/freshfields-residents/

Have you tried the above rescue. They are in Ince Blundell, between Crosby and Southport.
Sorry to hear about Dorothy. Hopefully you'll be able to help another dog to find its forever home.

I was born in St Helens and know Rainford.

Last edited by crystalgirl; 31st July 2017 at 13:14.
Old 1st August 2017   #3
Jem

RHU Cases: 19
Jem has a spectacular aura aboutJem has a spectacular aura aboutJem has a spectacular aura about

I'm so sorry you have lost a much-loved dog. It is the worst pain imaginable.

It's good that you are thinking of the future though. Why don't you make contact with Rochdale Dog Rescue? I've homechecked for them a lot and know how much effort they put into getting the right dog into the right home. They're not that far from you and they do have tinies from time to time. Have a look at their site on this link.

http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com/urgentdogs.html
Old 2nd August 2017   #4
Jod
RHU Team (admin)

RHU Cases: 8
Jod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to allJod is a name known to all
Website Facebook Twitter

Good suggestions, thanks Wyn & Gillian