Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.

Notices

Guest Area Are you viewing the forum as a guest? Having trouble logging in? Awaiting registration approval? Post here if you need help.
(*Note: posts in the Guest Area are moderated to avoid spam submissions so it may take a little while before they appear)

Old 26th August 2016   #1
Angus Rankin

Default Help needed for young person in supported housing

Hi there,
I work for Mendip YMCA and have a young person with learning difficulties who has recently bought a dog with his girlfriend. The agreement was that the dog would stay at his friends house until they are both ready to move out together. This was agreed because pets are not allowed at either of their properties.
The young person has been in touch with me today and told me that he has fallen out with the friend who is looking after the dog so he can no longer stay there.
Do you offer any sort of long-term dog fostering service with the view to giving the dog back when they are ready?
I am contactable via email at: arankin@mendipymca.org.uk or by telephone: 01749679553 (ext 2102).
Many thanks,
Angus
Old 1st September 2016   #2
Jem

RHU Cases: 19
Jem has a spectacular aura aboutJem has a spectacular aura aboutJem has a spectacular aura about

Hi - I don't know if anyone has responded to this. since I'm not in your area there are two things you can try where you are. One is to contact your local dog rescue and ask if they have fosterers who may be able to help. The other is to try the Cinnamon Trust - a registered charity.
Old 7th September 2016   #3
crystalgirl

RHU Cases: 3
crystalgirl is on a distinguished road

How about the Mayhew Pet Rescue Scheme?

https://themayhew.org/get-involved/foster/
Old 17th September 2016   #4
figarogirl
Rescue Helpers

RHU Cases: 31
figarogirl will become famous soon enoughfigarogirl will become famous soon enough

The Cinnamon Trust is for the elderly. Try www.papas.org.uk or Blue Cross have a scheme. To be honest it can't be good for the dog and owner having to worry about the dog being homed. Maybe he'd be better off being a volunteer dog walker for Cinnamon or Papas. I'm a volunteer with both organisations.