Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version
Register now It takes just a minute to register your details - once you're an RHU member you can view and reply to rescue requests for help.


Guest Area Are you viewing the forum as a guest? Having trouble logging in? Awaiting registration approval? Post here if you need help.
(*Note: posts in the Guest Area are moderated to avoid spam submissions so it may take a little while before they appear)
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2016   #1
Angus Rankin
Posts: n/a
Default Help needed for young person in supported housing

Hi there,
I work for Mendip YMCA and have a young person with learning difficulties who has recently bought a dog with his girlfriend. The agreement was that the dog would stay at his friends house until they are both ready to move out together. This was agreed because pets are not allowed at either of their properties.
The young person has been in touch with me today and told me that he has fallen out with the friend who is looking after the dog so he can no longer stay there.
Do you offer any sort of long-term dog fostering service with the view to giving the dog back when they are ready?
I am contactable via email at: or by telephone: 01749679553 (ext 2102).
Many thanks,
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016   #2
Jem is offline
Jem's Avatar
Real Name: Gillian
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: S.Wirral
RHU Cases: 19
Posts: 488
Jem has a spectacular aura aboutJem has a spectacular aura aboutJem has a spectacular aura about

Hi - I don't know if anyone has responded to this. since I'm not in your area there are two things you can try where you are. One is to contact your local dog rescue and ask if they have fosterers who may be able to help. The other is to try the Cinnamon Trust - a registered charity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016   #3
crystalgirl is offline
Real Name: Wyn
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: so41
RHU Cases: 3
Posts: 135
crystalgirl is on a distinguished road

How about the Mayhew Pet Rescue Scheme?
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016   #4
figarogirl is offline
Rescue Helpers
Real Name: Amanda H
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TW16 Sunbury
RHU Cases: 31
Posts: 2,056
figarogirl will become famous soon enoughfigarogirl will become famous soon enough

The Cinnamon Trust is for the elderly. Try or Blue Cross have a scheme. To be honest it can't be good for the dog and owner having to worry about the dog being homed. Maybe he'd be better off being a volunteer dog walker for Cinnamon or Papas. I'm a volunteer with both organisations.
  Reply With Quote

Share this page

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Viewing the forum on a mobile device? Try the mobile friendly version of this page

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:49.
Please help to spread the word about RHU by downloading our posters
and displaying them in your local area at vets, pet shops, in your car window etc. Thank you!

Rescue Helpers Unite uses cookies. What are cookies?

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2014 Rescue Helpers Unite. All rights reserved.
Animal rescue volunteers | Volunteering with animals
Volunteer with dogs | Volunteer with cats

Website hosting provided by 5quidhost

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.